Thursday, September 29, 2011

I believe in Goodluck, do you?

What feelings came to you when you first read that post? Be honest. I still see the flyers and posters of the campaign of Jonathan for president. The slogan was "A breath of fresh air". I don't think he's lived up to his promise (at least not yet).

I did not vote for Goodluck Jonathan in the last election because I never believed he had the competence to handle a nation like Nigeria in the state that it is in. I strongly believe that as long as you are a leader, even if you don't have all the competencies, you must possess the ability to manage resources and pull them together in the direction of the vision of the organization. You must also be able to inspire confidence in your people. Now my gist today is not about Goodluck Jona but in the possibilities that exist for us.

I read an article(in a Nigerian newspaper) where Jonathan himself said he was not a general or a leader with character traits of a Pharaoh or something like that. He further stated in the article that Nigeria was plagued with many Goliaths and that all Goliaths have a vunerable open forehead where a stone can hit and bring down. We all realise Nigeria has Goliaths. It's also obvious that if we have Goliaths, we need Davids right? What is a bit surprising is what Jona's own response to all the criticism on his leadership style. I saw a facebook post where Fani-Kayode quoted Jonathan as saying he was not a David or army general. Are you surprised? (Pls note that when Goliath terrified the people of Israel all the leadership could do was just shake in fear in his own tent too).

If Jona is not a David (which is obvious to anyone who is spiritually intelligent), then there's a need for the Davids to rise. I can bet that if one person brings down a Goliath today, he will earn the respect of all Nigerians (and other things will be added unto him too).

For the records I do not believe our friend Jona according can do anything about the Nigerian issue. The answer lies in the hands of Davids, people of covenant!

1 comment:

Princeayo said...

Nice one Bro, please do not forget that we need Samuels too, that can hear from God and pick out the Davids of the land. Samuels who can pick David from Eliab and Abinadab, who won't sit down till David arrives and who have passion for their David. I know you know where I am going. We need mentors.

What is the Church doing about that?